Sunday, August 16, 2026

Missionary Spirit

For most of my life, I have always felt a calling to be a charitable person serving in the community, which I eventually did.

As a very young child, I witnessed my dad and mom helping older adults by sheltering them in our home while they were on their journeys.
However, what piqued my interest was a church Sunday school teacher taking me on a visit to a local Arima hospital to pray for patients there. 

Soon after the visit, I met one of the patients from the hospital, an elderly gentleman, on my way home after primary school. 

That chance meeting filled me with such joy that it became my lifelong mission. In me was born the 'missionary spirit'. 

That missionary spirit has charity as its heart. It is like being called home to Jesus.

You are concerned more about compassion for humanity, and not about outward things. 

My physical appearance means less to me than making sure that I concern myself with helping those less fortunate. 

For many years, some of my loving family members seem to be more concerned than me about how I look. 

What is more important to me is my relationship with Jesus. I am more concerned about those in need, the least of my brothers and sisters. 

I love my own blood family for caring so very much for all these years. So much appreciation I have for them. I know their heart of love. 

Jesus is my heart and soul. 

"The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’" Matthew 25:40


For both the One who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers. / He says: “I will proclaim Your name to My brothers; I will sing Your praises in the assembly.” Hebrews 2:11-12

Whatever you do, work at it with your whole being, as for the Lord and not for men, / because you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as your reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

For God is not unjust. He will not forget your work and the love you have shown for His name as you have ministered to the saints and continue to do so. Hebrews 6:10
Come home to Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment